I realize that when I started this ‘series’ I posted like three in one month, and after that they became incredibly spread out. I hope to post a few of these this summer to get back on track. I have a long(ish) list of these little nuggets of rant lined up and waiting to go. I’m going to continue to post five at a time as that has given a pretty good amount in the past.
Let’s get started!
- Automated Phone Service/Customer Support. This is terrible. How many times have you called your phone company, or your credit card company, or whoever, and had to sit through their customer service message pushing buttons for an hour. Press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 3 for this other irrelevant thing. You sit through all of these instructions only to find that your problem wasn’t mentioned. So what do you do now? press the button that corresponds to the closest thing and see if you can get somewhere in the next set of instructions? What a pain.
- The “0” Option. Some of those customer service messages give you the option to press 0 and talk to a person if you none of the options help with your problem. However, more and more of those annoying recorded messages are getting rid of that option. You will be forced to push thousands of buttons, to no avail. As companies are dropping this option, they are adding the ability to say a keyword having to do with your problem. That seems nice, you can just say what your problem is. That’s all good if you don’t mind repeating yourself fifty times.
- Noisy Eaters. You all know what I’m talking about. If you don’t, you’re probably the problem. Anyway, nothing bother’s me more about eating with other people, than having to listen to them smack their lips or chew loudly. Seriously, all of that noise can be silenced if you just keep your mouth closed while you chew. It’s not even difficult to do. I don;t really want to listen to you eat. It sounds disgusting and it’s quite annoying if there is conversation going on. Didn’t your parents ever teach you to chew with your mouth closed?
- Talking Obnoxiously Loud on the Phone. Don’t do it. Just stop. If your phone rings while you’re in the grocery store, stop and think, “Do I really need to answer this right now?” Here’s a hint: The answer isn’t always ‘yes’. If it’s someone you live with, they might be asking you to get something for them. You can answer that. If it’s your boss, you should probably answer that as well. A repair man, a mechanic, someone you are doing business with, that’s all fine, answer it. But your bff who is just calling to talk, yeah, that can wait. So, if you decided you better answer this phone call in the grocery store, you don’t need to shout. You can talk quietly. Remember in grade school when the teacher always said to use your inside voice? Yeah, that still applies. Also, when appropriate, ask if it’s okay if you call them when you get home. But most importantly, BE QUIET.
- Slow Drivers in the Fast Lane. I understand there is a speed limit and you would like to follow it, but get out of the way. Yes, I am one of those drivers who hates being stuck behind someone. I wouldn’t call myself an aggressive driver, but I do yell at other cars a lot. Anyway, If you want to drive the speed limit, or slower, stay to the right please. Some people like to cruise around 70, or 75 mph. If you are going 50 mph, you don’t understand how frustrating you are. There are multiple lanes on the highway, and one of them is called the slow lane. That’s where you belong. I don’t really mind if you want to go the speed limit in the fast lane, but if you see someone coming up behind you, get out of the way and let them pass you. For all you know, they are in a hurry and you are making them very angry. Also remember that fast drivers are not necessarily dangerous drivers.
Okay, that’s enough for now! Have a great day!