Noun Challenge: July 8, 2014
Today’s noun: Eye
Everyone has seen that picture of the eye, super close up, right?
If not, here it is:
So that’s pretty cool, right? Well, you’re eyes don’t just look awesome, they are awesome.
Time for another list of cool facts! Cause it’s easy. Don’t complain. You’ll have tons of fun facts to impress your friends with!
- The average blink takes about 1/10th of a second.
- The fastest muscle in your body is in your eye.
- It is possible for your eyes to get sunburned. Please don’t put sunblock in your eye.
- Eyes heal very quickly.
- The human eye can distinguish about ten million different colors. It can also distinguish 500 shades of gray.
- Babies do not produce tears until the are about 8 weeks old.
- The camera equivalent to your eye has 576 megapixels.
- Your eyes have a blind spot, but the two work together to fill in each other’s blind spots.
- The color of your Iris now is slightly darker than it was when you were born.
- Human eyes are mad up of 200 million parts that all work together.
- All blue-eyed people share a common ancestor who lived around the Black sea about 10,000 years ago.
- Doctors have not found a way to transplant an eyeball because the optic nerve is too sensitive.
- Oily fish, vitamin A, and vitamin C are good for your eyesight.
- Reading in dim light does not damage your eyes, but tires them out faster.
- Scientist do not understand why we cry when we are upset. Tears are used to clean the eye.
- “It’s all fun and games until someone loses and eye” comes from ancient Rome where the only rule of wrestling competitions was no eye gouging.
That should be enough fun facts to hold you over until tomorrow!
I’m sure some of you knew some of those facts, but I doubt you knew all of them. Unless you study eyes for a living, of course.
Anyway, sorry for typos and such… I’ll see you tomorrow!