It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. I’ve been thinking… why is it that ranting is so much fun?
- Revving engines – Why? Why do people do this? Are you looking for attention? Do you just enjoy being irritating? What is the purpose? It doesn’t make you seem cool. When you’re stopped at a light, and you instruct your vehicle to make obnoxious sounds to show off, or whatever, its just annoying. Think of it like this: you’re waiting in line at the bank, grocery store, or where ever it is that you find yourself in a line with strangers, and you just start shouting, and making noises. The people in the line don’t say, “Wow, look at that guy. Isn’t he cool? I wish I could make a fool of myself in public.” No, it’s more like, “Well, I’m not sure if something is wrong with this individual, or maybe they want attention? Should I call the police? This person seems a little strange.” Long story short, you’re not cool, people aren’t envious or jealous of you, they just want you to stop.
- Nice weather during the work week – Have you ever noticed how it’s always warm and sunny while you’re stuck in the office, or classroom, and then when the weekend, or your day off comes, it rains? Why, nature, why? I feel like I’m always stuck inside for nice weather. I make plans to have a picnic, or do something fun outdoors, and its cold, overcast, and threatening rain. If someone has an in with mother nature, please forward this complaint.
- Misspelling websites – For those of you who don’t know, if you misspell a commonly used website, you’ll likely be redirected to a porn site, or a survey that won’t allow you to leave the page. Is this really necessary? I remember when I was younger, my friends and I were trying to access nickelodeon online, and being six years old, misspelled the web address. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the first time I ever viewed porn. To be fair, websites like facebook and twitter have bought similarly spelled pages and have them redirect to the actual page now. But honestly, who puts porn on a website that children could accidentally end up on? What is wrong with people?
- When your spoon falls into your soup – I know this has happened to you before. You put your spoon in your bowl and it disappears into your soup. Then you have to fish around in your food to find your wet, sticky spoon. Do you go rinse it off? Do you use a napkin? Do you try to play it off like it never happened? I’m sure there’s some awkward contraption you can attach to either the spoon of the bowl to prevent this, but honestly, it’s 2015, where are the hover spoons?
- Stickers that don’t peel off – you buy some nice new item and try to peel the sticker off but it just rips. Then you think you can out-smart it and pull from another corner, but it just rips again. Then you’re left with the center of the sticker still on the book, looking like a mess. Plus, you have sticky residue left from where the edges peeled off. You know that’s just going to collect dust and turn black and gross. I have this problem with textbooks a lot. If you buy or rent books online they come decked out in “used book” and “rental” stickers from numerous different companies. I always try to peel them off just to make the book look a little nicer. BUT IT NEVER WORKS PROPERLY. Again, it’s 2015, why haven’t these disrespectful stickers been replaced?
As many of you may know, ranting continuously will only create more stress and anger. To keep my blood pressure at a safe level, I’m going to stop for now.